Album Art fetching from Amazon not working anymore

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
maguesse

Album Art fetching from Amazon not working anymore

Post by maguesse » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi,

I'm currently facing some troubles with the download of Album Art from amazon (.fr, .com, ...): every time I try to download an album cover, an error pops up saying "Une erreur est intervenue pendant le téléchargement de l'illustration de l'album. Le fichier n'existe pas" (ie. something like "An error occurred while attempting to download album artwork. The file does not exist").

Since this feature was working well this weekend, I've searched the Net in order to have some explanation, and I found some site indicating that Amazon services used to retrieve Album Art have been modified on 15 Aug.
Is my issue related to this ? If so, is there any plan to update Album Art in order to take in account the new service provided by Amazon ?

Rgds,
Mathieu

MAX: Version 0.8.1
Mac OS X: Version 10.5.8

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Album Art fetching from Amazon not working anymore

Post by sbooth » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:15 pm

In a nutshell, Amazon did change the way their services are accessed and they now require that every request be signed. I'm working on this (already implemented in Rip) and I hope to release a version of Max that works again very soon.

fumble

Post by fumble » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Hello,

You say this is working in Rip. I downloaded b12 and the album artwork does not appear to be working for me. Please advise.

Regardless, I'm *GREATLY* anticipating the update to Max with this fix. I'm smack dab in the middle of converting my huge CD library when the artwork crapped out on me. And on my birthday no less (Aug. 15th)!

Thanks for your hard work! I really appreciate your software.

Thanks,
fumble

maguesse

Post by maguesse » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi,

I have updated to Max 0.9.1 then now Album Art fetching is working but only with amazon.com.
If I try with amazon.fr (or .de, .co.uk), I still have the same error.
When I try amazon.ca I have no error, but I have no results.

Then when I try to retrieve album covers for French/European releases, I can search only on Artist name, if I add the album title, I have no result.
For example, if I want to retrieve the cover for (Artiste) "Emiliy Loizeau", (Album) "L'Autre bout du monde", I have no result, but if I search only for "Emily Loizeau", I have the covers for all her albums, then I need to browse them all to found the rigth cover.

Rgds,
Mathieu

mkeys

Post by mkeys » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi;

Is this a problem again? I have Version 0.9.1 and I was getting this error. I am no longer getting the error but it doesn't find the album art.

Murray
sbooth wrote:In a nutshell, Amazon did change the way their services are accessed and they now require that every request be signed. I'm working on this (already implemented in Rip) and I hope to release a version of Max that works again very soon.