cdda_paranoia generation III release 9.8

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
TomBK

cdda_paranoia generation III release 9.8

Post by TomBK » Mon May 04, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi Guys

We're having a small discussion over at the Linn Forums as to which version cdparanaoia Max uses when ripping...

Is this the latest version: cdda_paranoia generation III release 9.8?

Many thanks

Tom
ADS/D/Cara1 • KK/1/D • 5103 • 2 Solos • 242s/quinwired k600+k400 • Center: Klout/Ekwal aktiv • Linn silver ics • Readynas Duo/Twonky 5.0.68
Bits & bobs listed elsewhere...;-) But I'm on a Mac...

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: cdda_paranoia generation III release 9.8

Post by sbooth » Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Max does use 9.8, yes.

TomBK

Post by TomBK » Sat May 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi sbooth

Thanks for the reply... :wink:

My further question would be, is RIP in it's finishing stages...implementing cdparanoia III 10.2 as well as AccurateDB?

And in the meantime...would it be just "as easy" to change the source code of Max to implement cdparanoia III 10.2, as it was implementing jpegs instead of pngs? Meaning could I do it myself, with a little help from you, or is this a major rewrite?

Us Linn fans I'm sorry to say is a bit fuzzy about the 0s and 1s we convert/rip to our HDs and the fact that Max doesn't do cdparanoia III 10.2, has upset some...theoretically that is... :mrgreen: , and XLD is now the major talkabout in Mac circles over there...

Any comments would be highly appreciated...

Thanks

Tom
ADS/D/Cara1 • KK/1/D • 5103 • 2 Solos • 242s/quinwired k600+k400 • Center: Klout/Ekwal aktiv • Linn silver ics • Readynas Duo/Twonky 5.0.68

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat May 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Rip doesn't use cdparanoia, it uses a custom extraction engine.

It wouldn't (or shouldn't) be too hard to plug paranoia 10.2 in Max, but I haven't downloaded the 10.2 source code so I can't say for sure how much effort would be required.

TomBK

Post by TomBK » Sat May 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Thanks for answering sbooth...

My point here is that I prefer Max to XLD but am realising that using the latest cdparanoia engine together with an AccurateDB quiry and a log file "could give " a certain proof of correct ripping.

Whether Rip uses cdparanoia or not lies in the future, and when it's due to launch I'd be more than happy to try it out :D

In the meantime many will use XLD, I'm not quite sure yet myself as Max has some folder making features that XLD hasn't.

I know I'm pushing my limits here, but if you could implement embedding .jpgs, upgrading to latest cdparanoia engine and ensuring AccurateRip DB quiry together with a logfile you would be ahead of XLD...

Thanks for listening...

Tom
sbooth wrote:Rip doesn't use cdparanoia, it uses a custom extraction engine.

It wouldn't (or shouldn't) be too hard to plug paranoia 10.2 in Max, but I haven't downloaded the 10.2 source code so I can't say for sure how much effort would be required.