Repeated Problems with NSTableView

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
HalNineThousand

Repeated Problems with NSTableView

Post by HalNineThousand » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:57 pm

When I try to rip a CD on my iMac with Max, I get this error: "Column identifiers used with NSTableView autosave feature must conform to NSCoding protocol." I searched and found this thread:

http://forums.sbooth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2142

So, going by what that said, I deleted Library/Preferences/org.sbooth.Max.plist and was able to rip my CD. Happy with this, I ejected my CD when it was done and closed Max. The next time I ran Max I got the same error, so I had to delete the file again. Naturally this took my preferences so I had to restore them.

Basically every time I start Max, first I have to delete that file, then I have to re-create my preferences before I can rip a CD.

Unfortunately, even though the person in that thread complained of the same repetition of the issue, there was no reply to that.

Is this from a particular setting in the preferences? Is there something I can do so I don't have to go through this every time I start Max?

Any help or solutions are appreciated!

Thank you!

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Repeated Problems with NSTableView

Post by sbooth » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Are you running 10.4?

HalNineThousand

Post by HalNineThousand » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Sorry, my bad. I knew better and should have posted versions, I was just trying to post while doing a couple other things. I'm running Leopard 10.5.6 and Max 0.8.1.

hsmeets

Post by hsmeets » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Same problem here, Leopard 10.5.6 and Max 0.8.1

It only happens on the first CD: I type track data, then try to start ripping --> error.

Workaround: After the error I close the window where I entered the track data and save it. Then I eject the cd and insert it right away again. Max recognizes the cd and shows the track data. Now ripping is possible and also on all following CD's as long as I don't close Max self.

Huib

HalNineThousand

Post by HalNineThousand » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:52 am

I've seen other mentions of this, but no bug report. Is this something that's just "off" or should I go on and file a bug report on it?

disneymike

Post by disneymike » Tue May 26, 2009 11:20 pm

I experience the same problem running Mac OS X 10.5.7 and Max 0.8.1.

disneymike

Post by disneymike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:40 pm

hsmeets wrote:Workaround: After the error I close the window where I entered the track data and save it. Then I eject the cd and insert it right away again. Max recognizes the cd and shows the track data. Now ripping is possible and also on all following CD's as long as I don't close Max self.
Stephen, do you foresee fixing this issue? It's not serious, but it is an annoyance for sure. ;)

wcattey

Post by wcattey » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:09 am

A long time has elapsed, and this bug has been a thorn in the paw of many.
With some help from Stephen, I built Max from source and tested a fix for this problem.
I am hopeful that the fix will become more widely available soon.