.CUE files aren't extracted to tracks accurately.

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
JAD

.CUE files aren't extracted to tracks accurately.

Post by JAD » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:17 am

.CUE files aren't extracted to tracks accurately with the real duration of a track. In general they start with three or four seconds in silence more than necessary and end with the same or more seconds. This doesn't happen on XLD.app
:(
(I reported this topic in Bug Tracker launchpad too)

lykose

Re: .CUE files aren't extracted to tracks accurately.

Post by lykose » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:23 pm

just be sure to look inside the cue-file with textedit. if u find any "INDEX 00" lines, just delete them. if i remember right max have probs with the 00 index. the 01 index should be enough.

to make it clear: from this...

Code: Select all

TRACK 01 AUDIO
	TITLE "Modular Mix"
	PERFORMER "Air"
	INDEX 00 00:00:00
	INDEX 01 00:00:25
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
do THIS:

Code: Select all

TRACK 01 AUDIO
	TITLE "Modular Mix"
	PERFORMER "Air"
	INDEX 01 00:00:25
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
now u should be fine.

JAD

Post by JAD » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:42 pm

Yes, it was that. That fixes the problem in some way but.. not perfectly as XLD (X Lossless Decoder) Application for Mac. The track starts a bit later than the original source track ( EAC Exact Audio Copy program for Windows) and XLD.app do it well with or without the "INDEX 00".

Excuse my English (spanish boy).

My purpose is to help a bit because I like Max more than XLD, and I would like that Max were as good as XLD or Exact Audio Copy.

lykose

Post by lykose » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:13 pm

well, to be honest, i like max more than xld either. and either i wanted to help to bring max forward. ...

sadly it seems that sbooth have no much time to work on max, which i can understand. guess iphone is more preferred right now, sadly.

sadly i got no more ideas about the problem-topic here. deleting the index00 mostly wored for me. i never realised that the tracks "starts a bit later than the originals". well, if that is really true, a solution would be great, indeed.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:12 am

There was a cue sheet related bug that was fixed in Max r1381. Do you still have the problem with that version?

JAD

Post by JAD » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:17 pm

I don't know anything about r1381 version.

The problem is simply that Max 0.8.1 (latest version) does it bad with or without the "INDEX 00" while XLD does it perfect.

But I only tested this problem with "Metallica - Master Of Puppets (DCC 24K Gold Remaster).flac +CUE" that is made by Exact Audio Copy application. I don't know how it works with others FLAC +CUE samples.
:?

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:48 pm

JAD wrote:I don't know anything about r1381 version.
Go to "Max Development" forum and download the latest (r1381) version. Is the problem solved in that version?

JAD

Post by JAD » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:55 pm

YES, THE MAX (r1381) version SOLVES THAT PROBLEM BUT ONLY WITH "INDEX OO" REMOVED of the .cue file. This new version still has the problem when "INDEX OO" is not removed manually with TextEdit.app

:) Not perfect, but An improve it is.