error adding converted flac files (to apple lossless) to iTu

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
twynns

error adding converted flac files (to apple lossless) to iTu

Post by twynns » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:57 pm

An error occurred while tagging the file "01 Seeds Of Reeds.m4a". iTunes got an error: File Permission Error

I've searched the archives for this and found several script edits posted. I'm not a programmer and am not really comfortable trying script editing at present and wasn't able to find the Add to iTunes Library.scpt file anyway. It appears that this has been a known problem for several years. Is there a solution that I may not be aware of, short of recoding .scpt files? I am trying to convert an entire flac library of more than 4000 songs and it's not practical to hit the error button for every song in the library.

Many thanks!

Mike1

Re: error adding converted flac files (to apple lossless) to iTu

Post by Mike1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:19 pm

I see the thread:

http://forums.sbooth.org/viewtopic.php? ... 4&start=15

If I follow the thread correctly, it seems this is an iTunes problem and occurs with other software that interacts with it, too.

You'll find the script in the application bundle. Right-click on Max's icon in the Finder and choose "Show Package Contents". (The icon you see is really a directory with a special attribute on it.) Inside there is another directory called "Contents". (That seems a bit strange and redundant - I think that's there in Mac OS X bundles for backwards-compatibility with non-Cocoa stuff and isn't needed or used on the iPhone. But I may be wrong.) Anyway, go into that directory and then into the one called "Resources". With many applications, you'll find many things in that directory - and sure enough that turns out to be where the "Add to iTunes Library.scpt" lives.

Double-click that file and it'll open in an editor.

I don't myself know much about AppleScript and see no point in learning something that's platform-specific. However, it is a scripting language not a full-blown programming language - and as such, it's intended to be used by ordinary users - non-programmers - for tasks such as linking programs together. If the guy posting 4th down (kwbrown) says you can work around the problem by inserting the single instruction "delay 10" in there, I'd think it would worth trying that.

twynns

Re: error adding converted flac files (to apple lossless) to iTu

Post by twynns » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Great, really appreciate the help and instructions! I'll give it a shot.

spiritquest

Solution for iTunes tagging error message works for me

Post by spiritquest » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 am

The applescript change suggested by kwbrown

http://forums.sbooth.org/viewtopic.php? ... t=15#p6353

worked for me and my ripped apple lossless files import into iTunes automatically for me now. It is an annoying bug if you want to leave your machine ripping and go off and do something else.