An error occurred while tagging the file...

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
sambhara

An error occurred while tagging the file...

Post by sambhara » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:33 am

When I rip CDs in Max, I often get a message that reads "An error occurred while tagging the file..." itunes mismatch... How can I suppress this message, and is there a setting that logs all messages and reports them at the end rather than popping up each time. I can't rip a CD and walk away because MAX stops ripping once one pops up.

Is there any way to fix this? If not, can this feature be added please!

wayt

Re: An error occurred while tagging the file...

Post by wayt » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:07 am

I second this request...
I'm using Max to transcode 5,000 FLAC files to ALAC, which would take days if it plowed staight through errors, logging and moving on. But it will take til the day I die to complete if the process halts with a modal error dialog each time it flakes on something (it seems to dislike files beginning with a number and a hyphen, "01 - Title," for example).

An option to suppress error dialogs is top of my list for future features.

Mike1

Post by Mike1 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 am

wayt wrote:I'm using Max to transcode 5,000 FLAC files to ALAC ... the process halts with a modal error dialog ... [with] files beginning with a number and a hyphen, "01 - Title," for example ...
If you know that's going to cause problems why don't you rename the files?

batch renamers

dannajackson61

Post by dannajackson61 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:23 am

Nah, just can't surpass the issue, go try, fix it. 'mismatch' errors highlight lacking in compatibility. Try after renaming certain files, yup all you have to use is any effective file renamer. At least, you can experiment with in it, to see what's going on to cause this error message! FIXED!