Application window not opening after installation

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
highjnx

Application window not opening after installation

Post by highjnx » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:33 am

New user having issues getting the program to open correctly on my G5 Powermac 2.7GHz with Leopard 10.5.5 installed.

I have read through several threads where people are not able to open the program upon installation to the Application folder. I am having the same problem. The program is showing that it's opened on the doc and I have a Max menu across the top but no program window is opening. It's not reading any media put into the drive. Also tried a suggestion to another member, which was to open the terminal window and try the "open Max.app" command. Here is what I get:

Last login: Tue Dec 9 17:18:30 on ttys000
tps-power-mac-g5:~ TP$ open Max.app
The file /Users/TP/Max.app does not exist.
tps-power-mac-g5:~ TP$

I have deleted the folders and started fresh 2 times with the same results. My permissions are set to allow me read and write access as well. Any help is appreciated.

T

RonaldPR

Re: Application window not opening after installation

Post by RonaldPR » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:59 pm

When you launch Max, you will only see the Max menu bar. There is no default application window. Before you start using Max, choose your settings in Max Preferences. When you insert an audio CD while Max is running, Max will eventually open a tag/encode window for the CD. This may take some time while Max will search MusicBrainz through the internet for information (metadata for the tags) about the CD. If no metadata are found, you can try the Get iTunes Metadata AppleScript for Max to fetch the metadata from Gracenote through iTunes.

highjnx

Re: Application window not opening after installation

Post by highjnx » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am

Thank you for the input and taking the time to respond. For what ever reason this wasn't working properly until today- perhaps the 4th re installation was the charm. It now recognizes the material once placed in the dvd tray, where as this hadn't been the case on the first 3 installs. T