blank song/album titles after Leopard upgrade

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
andybarss

blank song/album titles after Leopard upgrade

Post by andybarss » Sun May 25, 2008 8:49 pm

(I'm new to the ripping/encoding process, so please forgive misused terminology.)

I have a Macbook, which until recently was running Tiger (OS X v. 10.4). I have been using Max to rip and encode my CDs as FLAC files, on an external hard drive. All went well through about 400 CDs.

I then upgraded to Leopard (OS X 10.5), and have been having the following problem: when I insert a CD, the ripping and encoding wndows appear as they should (I have Max set to rip automatically), and the ripping/encoding processes start. But in both windows, the album title, artist name, and song titles are missing -- the CD title is a very long random series of letter sand numbers, and the song titles are blank.

When the rip/encode process is done, the CD ejects, but there is no record of the FLAC files on the hard drive (I tried sorting by date, which shows nothing ripped on the relevant dates). This is even true if I manually type in the titles.

Is MAX compatible with Leopard? I've tried resetting the parameters of MAX to no avail. Any help appreciated -- here is a screen capture:

Andy Barss
Attachments
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg (17.07 KiB) Viewed 1658 times

RonaldPR

Re: blank song/album titles after Leopard upgrade

Post by RonaldPR » Mon May 26, 2008 7:49 am

1. Which version of Max do you use? For Leopard compatibility you need version 0.8.1.

2. Before upgrading from 0.7 to 0.8, you need to delete Max preferences (script to do that is included in the download), and when using 0.8.1 the first time, you need to re-create all you settings.

andybarss

Post by andybarss » Mon May 26, 2008 2:51 pm

I've been using 0.8.1 . I'll try re-downloading and reinstalling, and see if that works.

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Mon May 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Did you try several CDs? If only for some CDs no title etc. is displayed, it is probably because there is no match found in MusicBrainz database for those CDs. I do not know what happens if one rips without first entering values for the missing metadata, I never did that. It probably depends on output file settings. Would Max try to create files and folders with no name?