A quicker way of converting

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
rmcellig

A quicker way of converting

Post by rmcellig » Thu May 22, 2008 2:50 pm

I have some aiff files that I want to quickly convert to MP3 192 bit rate. At the moment, I am dragging the aiff files on the Max icon in my dock, selecting the MP3 192 encoder and then pressing convert. Is there a quicker way of doing the conversion?

It would be neat if I could just drag the files on some kind of Maxlet that is configured as MP3 192. I would drag the aiff files on the Maxlet, it would convert automagically and then quite Max.

Mike1

Re: A quicker way of converting

Post by Mike1 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:19 pm

rmcellig wrote:I have some aiff files that I want to quickly convert to MP3 192 bit rate. At the moment, I am dragging the aiff files on the Max icon in my dock, selecting the MP3 192 encoder and then pressing convert. Is there a quicker way of doing the conversion?
Yes, there is. You can't drop a folder on the icon, but mass-conversion is certainly possible.

Start Max and open its Preference pane. Configure your desired MP3 encoder setting, if you haven't already got it configured there. Make sure the box next to it is checked (and that any other encoder settings you've pre-configured are unchecked). That'll stick till you change it.

Close the preference pane and from the file menu choose "Convert Files..."

Make the path to your directory of files. You can also drag-and-drop folders to the "File Conversion" window.