Script Menu

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
GwiDan

Script Menu

Post by GwiDan » Mon May 12, 2008 8:40 pm

Is there any way of displaying a Max specific Applescript menu in the menu bar when Max is running? I don't really want to put the OSX script menu by the clock since it takes up space.

Also it would be really nice to see the permissions problem when importing into iTunes fixed! Other than that, what a great program Max is.

Mike1

Re: Script Menu

Post by Mike1 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:05 am

GwiDan wrote:Is there any way of displaying a Max specific Applescript menu in the menu bar when Max is running? I don't really want to put the OSX script menu by the clock since it takes up space.
That would be as with NetNewsWire?

With NNW, the scripts are in:

~/Library/Application Support/NetNewsWire/Scripts

Whereas, AFAIK, Get iTunes Metadata.scpt for Max should be put in:

~/Library/Scripts/Max

But it doesn't seem to be the location that matters.

I too would like to know about this one. Can anyone shed light on it? Is where the script menu is displayed not something a user can alter?
Also it would be really nice to see the permissions problem when importing into iTunes fixed!
What's that, then? I just took a look at my iTunes directory: all the subdirectories have permissions set to 755 and all the files to 644. That's as I'd expect. However, I always import by opening iTunes and using File > Add to Library.... Does Max set the permissions differently, if it puts them in itself?

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Tue May 13, 2008 10:35 am

RE: the scripts thing.

Are we talking the metadata script that works with iTunes? I put it into iTunes and not Max. The only way i could have it appear when Max was in the front was to enable the scripting/actions thing. I didn't always want the icon in the menu bar no matter what I was doing (the icon that will appear on the right side). I previously had a hot key set to just run the script as a standalone app. But, since I am in iTunes anyway checking tags I added the script to iTunes. I check the tags, hit the script under the script menu item (which only shows, takes up menu bar space, when iTunes is in front), then switch to Max. The path is:
~/Library/iTunes/Scripts/

Mike1

Post by Mike1 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:42 am

Fuga wrote:RE: the scripts thing.

Are we talking the metadata script that works with iTunes?
I think so.
I put it into iTunes and not Max. The only way i could have it appear when Max was in the front was to enable the scripting/actions thing. I didn't always want the icon in the menu bar no matter what I was doing (the icon that will appear on the right side). I previously had a hot key set to just run the script as a standalone app. But, since I am in iTunes anyway checking tags I added the script to iTunes. I check the tags, hit the script under the script menu item (which only shows, takes up menu bar space, when iTunes is in front), then switch to Max. The path is:
~/Library/iTunes/Scripts/
Thanks very much. That's a great solution.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Tue May 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Mike1 wrote:Thanks very much. That's a great solution.
Glad to help. Yeah, after using it since it first came out I finally had an "Ah ha!" moment. It happens occasionally. :roll: