Errors when when getting info from Musicbrainz

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
randian

Errors when when getting info from Musicbrainz

Post by randian » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:14 pm

When I have Max automatically add ripped tracks to iTunes, and "Automatically acquire artist and track names" is checked, I always get the error message "iTunes got an error: A descriptor type mismatch occurred". If I manually type in the album and track info this doesn't happen. I have no idea why Max would alter the format of requests given to iTunes depending on where it gets track info. The track does get copied to iTunes, and the track appears to play properly, so I don't know what if any significance the error has. The really annoying thing is that the error popup demands I hit Return to continue, which means I have to personally monitor Max and hit Return 10 or 15 times instead of letting Max rip in the background without my intervention.

JRFOX

Re: Errors when when getting info from Musicbrainz

Post by JRFOX » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:06 am

same thing occurs with me. too frustrating. I believe this is a great program tough - for me the update was a setback. I will reluctantly use Itunes. It is to frustrating to hit enter each time.

i hope this can be resolved as i am encoding my entire CD collection into a hard drive, i hope to avoid any snap crackle and pops but conversion to for FLAC or others is not my concern.