iTunes Conflicts with Max

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
garyzee

iTunes Conflicts with Max

Post by garyzee » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 am

I am setting up a Macbook Air [MBA] with a unique configuration where I need Max to rip CDs instead of iTunes. I want to be able to launch Max, then insert a CD and rip it to a specific folder [not the iTunes Music folder]. Then I will have iTunes add the music ripped by Max to the iTunes Music folder.

I am doing this because the iTunes Music folder resides on an iPod 160 acting as a hard drive. The iTunes Music folder is too big to be placed on the Macbook Air's 64GB SSD -- and the MBA has just one USB port. The MBA's external Superdrive cannot function currently through convential powered USB hubs so when the Superdrive is connected the iPod 160 cannot.

The most current version of iTunes has a setting of what the program should do "On CD Insert" - and the options [Show CD, Begin Playing, Ask To Import CD, Import CD, Import CD and Eject] all interfere with Max. If Max is open before the CD is inserted, it does recognize the CD for a moment before iTunes opens, displaying the number of tracks and their length. But before Max can query the Internet database it defaults to -- iTunes opens and I can't get Max to load the Title data from the net (even if I close iTunes immediately).

Is there someone to make iTunes stay dormant upon inserting an audio CD - or is there a way to get Max to load the album/song title information so I can rip CDs and import them to iTunes stored on the external drive [iPod 160]???

Thanks.

RonaldPR

Re: iTunes Conflicts with Max

Post by RonaldPR » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:36 am

garyzee wrote:Is there someone to make iTunes stay dormant upon inserting an audio CD
In System preferences "CDs & DVDs", set "When you insert a music CD" to "Ignore".

Fuga

Re: iTunes Conflicts with Max

Post by Fuga » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:16 am