What version of FLAC is Max using and a few other questions.

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
Justus

What version of FLAC is Max using and a few other questions.

Post by Justus » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm currently still utilizing version 0.71 due to my fear of using unstable versions of any program. I'm guessing that 0.71 is using version 1.14, and, if I'm right, can I just go into the frameworks folder for the FLAC codec and switch it out with version 1.21? Also, does the latest unstable version of Max use version 1.21 already?

And, while I have the floor, I'd like to throw another question out there:

On version 0.71, I always faced an issue where, when ripping a disc to ALAC, the process would just freeze. Has that been resolved in the latest unstable version?

Lastly, what ALAC encoder does Max utilize.

Sorry for the barrage of questions, ya'll.

krmathis

Re: What version of FLAC is Max using and a few other questions.

Post by krmathis » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:36 am

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. You better try. I for one have no problems ripping to ALAC with the latest trunk build, but neither did I with 0.7.1.

Justus

Post by Justus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:23 pm

krmathis wrote:1. Yes
2. Yes
3. You better try. I for one have no problems ripping to ALAC with the latest trunk build, but neither did I with 0.7.1.
Okay, just to be sure that I understand what you answers are in response to.

Is question 1 a yes for the question of whether version 0.71 uses 1.14 or that I "can" just switch out 1.14 with 1.21.

And I'm guessing your second yes is to the fact that the latest unstable uses Flac 1.21.

Lastly, the issue I have with ALAC in version 0.71 is that the ripping process gets hung and then I have to turn off my external drive just to get the program to quit.

I'll give the latest trunk version a go. My only concern is that I want a good rip that I won't have to replace later or something like that, due to a bug or inefficiency in the unstable build.

krmathis

Post by krmathis » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:36 am

Correct. You asked three (1, 2, 3) questions, and I answered them in that order. ;)

mugnebot

Post by mugnebot » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:52 pm

Hello,
I would also like to replace the old version of FLAC with version 1.2.1. Could you please explain how to do this?
Thanks!

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:10 pm

At this point I would recommend using the latest unstable version- it is the rc2 version for 0.8, and is very stable at this point.