New MAX user & problems with MusicBrainz

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
glevethan

New MAX user & problems with MusicBrainz

Post by glevethan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:28 am

Hi
I am a new MAX user and seem to be having a problem with MusicBrainz and looking up the CD's I am attempting to rip. Granted most of my CD's are of a limited music genre (70's Southern Soul) however they are of recent release dates and iTunes and other programs have no problem correctly identifying them and the tracks they contain. MAX, and MusicBrainz, are not able to identify them (they do not appear in the MusicBrainz database) , nor am I able to find any artwork (strange as Amazon does have the artwork).

Is there any way around this (considering as mentioned above there is no problem with iTunes or other programs)?

Finally I am using Leopard - from my readings here it appears that I am best off using the most recent unstable release. I notice the last non beta release was 1 year ago - is there a time frame for an official Leopard compatible release? Is the program still actively being developed (considering the amount of time passed since the last non beta release)?

Thanks
Gregg

RonaldPR

Re: New MAX user & problems with MusicBrainz

Post by RonaldPR » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:57 am

glevethan wrote:Is the program still actively being developed (considering the amount of time passed since the last non beta release)?
:?:
Eight 'unstable' builds last November and two this January, the last one yesterday.