Max, cue and ape conversion success

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
kipling

Max, cue and ape conversion success

Post by kipling » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:06 pm

Hello folks. I thought I'd just report a positive experience:

I wanted to convert a single ape file with included cue file to something I could burn on a mac. I'm not used to using cue files, and at first tried to convert directly from the ape file. After that failed, I opened up the cue file in TextEdit, and saw that the cue file was written for .wav format. I then converted the single file to a single .wav using the general conversion, and then, using the "Open" command in the "File" pulldown, I got the correct track names, with the check boxes. I tried converting one track at a time, and that worked.

It may be that if I change the .wav listing in the cue file to .ape, that may allow for direct conversion from .ape. I'm not sure. I'll experiment. So far though, this program is a great boon to mac-kind.

Good day!

theorist

Re: Max, cue and ape conversion success

Post by theorist » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Where do you see in TextEdit which format the cue file was written for? I've tried every which way to convert this large ape file to multiple mp3 tracks, and it just hasn't worked. Hopefully what you describe is the ticket! Thanks in advance for your help!