No Output

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
Davidium

No Output

Post by Davidium » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi Folks,

Im a Mac n00b and a first time user of Max. I downloaded it because it didnt just rip CDs it also did conversion and I plan to put my entire collection into a lossless format if possible. When I recently went to rip a CD I discovered that it was not outputing any files that I could see no matter where I would select the output directory to be. Im on the latest version so Im just wondering if this is a bug?

Any recommendations for the best settings to use?

Dave

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: No Output

Post by sbooth » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:43 pm

Did you configure and select the output formats you want?

NoName

Post by NoName » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:47 pm

This has happened to me with Max in the past, and my hard drive became gradually full of invisible files generated by the application. I didn't manage to locate them until I connected to my Mac with FileZilla on my PC. If I recall correctly, this happened mostly when trying to output the contents of an audio CD to a single file and generating a CUE sheet. You might want to enable the display of hidden files and folders in the Finder and see if you can round up the files that way.

Davidium

Post by Davidium » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:50 pm

Cheers for the feedback, much appreciated. I've enabled viewing of hidden files thanks to TinkerTool but I still cannot see any hidden files, any idea what extension they would be?

NoName

Post by NoName » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Davidium wrote:Cheers for the feedback, much appreciated. I've enabled viewing of hidden files thanks to TinkerTool but I still cannot see any hidden files, any idea what extension they would be?
If I feel brave enough to try to resurrect this problem, I'll post the results here. Otherwise, to the best of my knowledge, the files went straight to the root of my Home folder, and the file names were random garbage similar to what Max generates for its temp files. I can't remember what the extension was, though. I was actually able to handle the deletions from the PC connected to my Mac at the time.