MUSEPACK ERROR/.MPC CODEC ?

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
sicilynskates

MUSEPACK ERROR/.MPC CODEC ?

Post by sicilynskates » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:29 pm

hi there,

i've been trying to convert some files from .mpc to mp3 or other itunes/ipod compatible formats, but i keep getting the same error "The file does not appear to be a valid Musepack file".

now i realize that the source code must be selected before the conversion can take place but my version of max 0.7.1 for osx, doesn't give me the option for .mpc on the source code window.

is that normal? am i supposed to download that codec from somewhere else and then add it to some other folder before i get the .mpc option as the source code?

as you can see i'm new at the max game so any help would be highly appreciated.

thank you

RonaldPR

Re: MUSEPACK ERROR/.MPC CODEC ?

Post by RonaldPR » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:42 pm

sicilynskates wrote:now i realize that the source code must be selected before the conversion can take place but my version of max 0.7.1 for osx, doesn't give me the option for .mpc on the source code window.
Where do you see a source code window? Just add the files you want to convert to the File Conversion window (Convert Files... from the File menu) and in the bottom half of that window add and select a output format if not already done so in preferences.

sicilynskates

Post by sicilynskates » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:02 am

Where do you see a source code window? Just add the files you want to convert to the File Conversion window (Convert Files... from the File menu) and in the bottom half of that window add and select a output format if not already done so in preferences.
i've done that time and again but the error message keeps on coming so i researched it some more. the video on this site
is pretty specific about selecting the source code for the output type in question.

so i thought it seems reasonable that if the source code for.mpc is missing from the possible codes you might want to use as the output of choice then the program will not respond if the file to convert is an .mpc one.

on the other hand the error message doesn't mention a file of unknown kind but it's specific about the file to convert not being of a proper musepack type.

as you can see i'm quite lost with the .mpc code. i tried other format conversions and all went well.

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:41 am

sicilynskates wrote:the video on this site
is pretty specific about selecting the source code for the output type in question.
It mentions and shows selecting the source files, not a source code.

Maybe Stephen (sbooth) can check one of your problem files to see why Max does not accept them.