How to join files?

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
Rebel

How to join files?

Post by Rebel » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:47 pm

Does Max join files or not? If so, how?

I've been trying to join two FLAC files, but it ain't happenin'.
I have "Join Input Files" selected in the Output tab.
I've tried to join the FLACs, join while converting FLAC to Mp3, burned the files to disc then encoded with Max, but nothing has worked so far.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: How to join files?

Post by sbooth » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:36 am

This will be implemented in the next version. During development of 0.7, I had the checkbox there for testing purposes and I forgot to take it out when I rolled the releases. Believe it or not, this is the first time anyone has noticed that it does nothing.

Rebel

Re: How to join files?

Post by Rebel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:27 am

Yeah, I was surprised to find that a forum search for join found no related posts.

I would also like to see a much more detailed Help section. Since you were aware that the Join function was inoperable, this should have been noted somewhere! Would have saved me a lot of time and aggravation.

More suggestions: I wish that when I click on Set Output Formats that the Prefs window would open to the last tab selected. Whenever I open it, it always returns to the Formats tab, and I must then click the Output tab to select a folder for saving my files. I almost always want to go to the Outputs tab, since I save all my converted files into different folders.
And when I click the + to add files to convert, I want that window to always open in the last folder used. It's a lot of extra clicking when I set an Output format, then add files, then when that's done if I click on Set Output Formats, it opens in the last folder where I was adding files from, and I must go back to a higher directory to select the Output folder, then when I click to add files, it opens in that last Output folder, and I must again go to a higher directory and work my way down to the folder where the files are that I want to add.

I hope this makes sense to you, as it sounds confusing to me.

And, as been suggested in the Forum, you really need to change the Formats to coincide with the format that users are expecting: I.E. AAC files ARE NOT listed as mpeg4 etc.

Otherwise, I like Max, and have only used it to convert my CDs to FLAC, and the FLACs to Mp3 for iTunes.

I have no idea what the .cue file is supposed to do. it opens an encoding window with the name of the album, but the default Mode is CD-ROM XA, and I am clueless as to what I'm supposed to do with this. If I want to select all the files, I must click on EVERY one, I can''t just hold the Option or Shift button and click to select them all. And once I've selected the files, what the heck am I supposed to do? There's no Encode button or Convert button. What's the point?