Tag 1.0.1: corrupted artwork

Discuss Tag, a metadata editor for audio files.
pl_svn

Tag 1.0.1: corrupted artwork

Post by pl_svn » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:37 pm

"pretty often" album art added via both drag 'n drop or using "Tools/Add Album Art" command is corrupted after saving (aiff and flac files)

when this happens I also get (after editing some other fiels and trying to save) a "file has been modified by another application" followed by a "wrong file format: the file doesn't appear to be a valid aiff (or flac) file" alerts :-/

EDIT: I can now say it happens (almost) everytime :-/
- remove existing artwork and save
- add new artwork, save and remove tracks from Tag (if saving takes a "pretty long" time... the issue will show)
- re-add tracks and... artwork is corrupted

to fix:
- remove (corrupted) artwork and save
- re-add artwork and save (saving is considerably faster)

files are AIFF and artwork is JPG edited using Pixelmator

EDIT 2: oh... it also happens, when the issue occurs, that selecting all track together artwork doesn't show, but selecting each file one after the other does :-/
and sometimes, when re-adding tracks (after first two steps above) Tag says "not a valid aiff file" but... quitting Tag and re-adding those very same files... all is fine

also... *please* Stephen: in alert dialogs, *PLEASE*, add an "Apply to All" option instead of popping-out the alert for each and every file :-(
(try editing a 90 tracks album, eg "A Tribute to Gustav Leonhardt", and if something goes wrong you'll see! already asked this when Tag was in beta, remember? ;-) )

thanks

EDIT 3 (and hopefully last :-p ): seems the issue is more prone to happen if one adds artwork and changes "type" (eg from "Other" to "Front Cover") at once without saving in-between

pl_svn

Re: Tag 1.0.1: corrupted artwork

Post by pl_svn » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Stephen... really...it's almost one month I'm using Tag and... 9 out of 10 times, if I add Artwork after editing other tags and without first quitting/relaunching Tag... it gets corrupted!
happens with AIFF, FLAC and ALAC (but I seldom use the latter format)

if you could, please, take a look into this issue...

thanks

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Do you have the audio files open in another application during editing? So far I've had no luck reproducing this problem.

pl_svn

Post by pl_svn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:23 pm

obviously *not*

all the issue I reported so far are *always* reproducible on both my MBAir and iMac
only way I can use Tag without issues is quitting and relaunching before editing tags in a different "tab" (Basic, Sorting, Misc etc) :-/