expired beta v1.0b5

Discuss Tag, a metadata editor for audio files.
Fuga

expired beta v1.0b5

Post by Fuga » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Just downloaded it and got the expiration error.

Earlier today I downloaded the release version from fiestydog (Is that a Pug?! - love me some pugs) but was having some issues with it.

When saving all files after doing various tagging, Tag would crash. No report to be found anywhere. No notice saying it had quit unexpectedly, either right after crashing or when restarting. If I saved each file after editing then it was fine. Trouble is that can't be done when changing something for all the files (e.g. Album title).

Another issue is some files can not be added. I can find no reason or consistent situation. After quitting/restarting Tag the file(s) can be added and edited.

I would also like to suggest a feature: Please consider ability to edit the Comments field.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: expired beta v1.0b5

Post by sbooth » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Yes, that is my pug!

Does there seem to be any consistency to the file types that you can't add?

You should be able to edit the comments using Misc tab- are you having problems with a certain file type or in general?

As to the crashes, without a crash report it's hard to know what is going on. Can you provide any instructions for reliable reproduction of the crash?

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:51 pm

I thought I couldn't stand pugs. Then my oldest got one and within a couple years we got one. It's everything my wife can do to keep me off pug rescue sites.

Thanks for the Misc tip. Or should I say "Du-uh, Fuga."

The crashes come consistently when I have a few hundred MB of FLAC files that I have edited, usually adding Art to every file and some edits to other tags. When I look at the files after a crash most have successfully been edited, some not. Again, if I save one at a time there is no problem.

As for the inability to add some files? Totally inconsistent. In fact, in one sequence of tries, I had two files I couldn't add. After a restart one could be added, one could not. I then quit and the other could be added and the one that could be after the first restart could not be added after the second. Very weird.

I'll buy now since of the three "issues", the one I was most concerned with is easily dealt with, as are the others, really. I'm betting further development will work out.

And MUCH THANKS for the good work.
Speaking of which, can we get an updated beta file that hasn't expired?

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 am

Found the hang reports. Were in the root level /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and not CrashReporter. Still, I swear I searched using Console but it was late and I was watching an intense basketball game. See email.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 am

The version available at Feisty Dog (https://s3.amazonaws.com/feisty-dog/Tag.zip) should work. Are you having issues with that binary?

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 am

sbooth wrote:The version available at Feisty Dog (https://s3.amazonaws.com/feisty-dog/Tag.zip) should work. Are you having issues with that binary?
No hang with saving all files with art! Tag did still show as not responding but did finish it's thing and came back to functioning. Before, the hang was forever - once waited 10 minutes before ForceQuit it. :thumbsup:

So far no issue with the adding files thing.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:43 am

Well, that's good news!