Can't open Decibel

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
pws442

Re: Can't open Decibel

Post by pws442 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:19 pm

sbooth wrote:On my Mac, trashing an app I've purchased from the MAS will change the "Open" button in the "Purchases" tab to "Install" once I quit and relaunch the App Store app. I assume you've emptied the trash (deleted all copies of Decibel) and quit and relaunched the App Store and the button still shows as "Open"?
No, I did not empty the trash, hanging on to a glimmer of hope that this would work. I will do that, but if it doesn't, I think I should get a freebie. OK, I deleted everything Decibel related from the Trash. (There went my playlists). I got the Install button from the MAS. Now, I am running version 1.3.2, no license/purchase/check for updates options. I do have the Library\Application Support\Decibel\App Store Receipts that contains a receipt and a "c4-2c-03-38-33-0c" file. (This also seems to be true in the Decibel-2 folder as well.)

Not sure what to do about the username/key, and for some reason 1.3.2 is not crashing on El Capitan.

I am very confused.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:21 pm

pws442 wrote:Not sure what to do about the username/key, and for some reason 1.3.2 is not crashing on El Capitan.
This is likely because when you selected "Install" a new receipt was generated using Apple's new signing certificate and Decibel was able to validate it.

If you are using the app store version you don't need to bother with a username/license key- that is for the direct download version only and is used in lieu of the receipt.

pws442

Post by pws442 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:57 pm

But 1.3.3 requires the information I cannot find, even though I purchased from you in November 2011, and updated via the MAS some time later. So, I cannot run 1.3.3. My company has apps approved all the time. What is wrong here?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:38 am

Decibel 1.3.3 is now available on the App Store so hopefully the problem is resolved. If it still isn't working please PM me your order number and I will contact you with specifics.