Metadata does not appear correctly in Decibel

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
hesson11

Metadata does not appear correctly in Decibel

Post by hesson11 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:44 pm

New user here. When I add files to Decibel that originated either from HDTracks or from VinylStudio (LP transfer app), the metadata does not come along with them. Just the file names appear, with other columns displaying, "Unknown." These files are all tagged just as I want them in iTunes before adding them from my iTunes folder to Decibel. The accompanying screen shot (if it shows up clearly) shows how the tags appear in iTunes compared to Decibel (focus on the "Brahms and Tchaikovsky" album in iTunes and compare it to the way the files appear below in Decibel).

I have even tried tagging files, both the originals and the files in my iTunes folder, in Metadatics, to no avail. The metadata for my ripped CD files and purchased iTunes Store files have all transferred to Decibel correctly (at least so far). Can anyone determine what's going on? THANKS.
-Bob

skarin

Re: Metadata does not appear correctly in Decibel

Post by skarin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:52 pm

I'm an even newer user with the same problem.
Is there a solution?

hesson11

Post by hesson11 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:32 am

Well it's been quite a while, during which I've become somewhat disenchanted with Decibel, so I thought I'd bump this question to see if someone might spot it and have an answer to help skarin and me. THANKS.
-Bob

hesson11

Post by hesson11 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:38 pm

In case anyone is interested, this problem was solved by updating my OS to 10.11.3 and the latest version of Decibel (as of 3/12/16). Everything looks they way it should now.
-Bob

Jerald

Post by Jerald » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:04 am

hesson11 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:38 pm
In case anyone is interested, this problem was solved by updating my OS to 10.11.3 and the latest version of Decibel (as of 3/12/16). Everything looks they way it should now.
-Bob
Hi Bob, I seem to be having the same issue but I have the latest version of everything. I wonder if anyone has any ideas of what I can do to fix this? Thanks.