How to register

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
godboy

How to register

Post by godboy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:04 am

Am I going crazy? This seems like the most difficult thing to register ever.

My EMail says 'Once Decibel is installed, choose License… from the Decibel menu and enter your name and license key to activate your copy.'

I can find no 'License' option to click on in fact I cant get past the below screen.

Please advise what I should do... Surly it cant be that complicated.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 10.54.07.png

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: How to register

Post by sbooth » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:23 pm

I recently switched the licensing scheme from a license file to a license code and apparently I missed this portion of the registration process. You haven't missed anything.

I will fix this issue in an update soon, but for now you can add your license to the Keychain manually by using Terminal.app (in your Utilities folder). Launch Terminal and enter the following command:

Code: Select all

security add-generic-password -a "your license name" -s "Decibel License" -D "license key" -G "org.sbooth.Decibel.license" -w "your license key"

david_magee1

Post by david_magee1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:01 am

In this script Should I include the quotations or leave them off?

also "your license name" was not provided in the email. Is it my first and last name? Do I include ""?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:25 pm

david_magee1 wrote:In this script Should I include the quotations or leave them off?
also "your license name" was not provided in the email. Is it my first and last name? Do I include ""?
The quotes should be included- they delineate strings that have spaces or special characters for the shell. A typical license email looks like this:
Thank you for purchasing Decibel! Your order number is XXX and your product license information is listed below.

Name:
Stephen Booth

License Key:
XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXX===
For this example the command would be:

Code: Select all

security add-generic-password -a "Stephen Booth" -s "Decibel License" -D "license key" -G "org.sbooth.Decibel.license" -w "XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXX==="
It is important that the whole thing is one long line with no breaks.