Feature Request: BPM metadata

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
brooksprumo

Feature Request: BPM metadata

Post by brooksprumo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:34 pm

One of the few things that keep me from full-on recommending Decibel to other people as my favorite music playing application is due to its lack of BPM support. What I mean is that the BPM metadata from my music is not visualizable in Decibel. I find Decibel to be a superb application, and use it for my music-playing needs. However, it's not what I use to organize my music, nor what I use to plan my DJ sets. Among my fellow DJs, we require having the BPM field--it's imperative. I'd also argue the COMMENT/DESCRIPTION field is imperative too--it is for me, at least.

I'm not sure if this is already being addressed in the up coming full-library-manager-beta version or not, but I'd like to formally request BPM support in Decibel. Also, I'd like to piggy-back on this thread and formally request COMMENT/DESCRIPTION support too.

Thank you in advance, and please continue developing these excellent music applications!

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: BPM metadata

Post by sbooth » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:05 pm

BPM should be available in the next update.

The Peanut Vendor

Post by The Peanut Vendor » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Yes, I too would really like to have BPM metadata! This would work great for deejaying social dance events, where knowing tempo is critical. I know a number of dance deejays who use macs who'd be interested in this player.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:12 pm

I've added this request to the issue tracker.