Mountain Lion Crash Bug

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
FlydPuls

Mountain Lion Crash Bug

Post by FlydPuls » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi,

I upgraded to Mountain Lion with decibel able to go to airplay being one of my main reasons. So, I booted up, set my system to airplay and then realized I needed to go into the software itself to redirect to the airplay speakers. So, with airplay selected as the output device within the software and on the system itself, I double clicked a song and boom, crash. "Decibel quit unexpectedly." I tried again and again but every time I tried to play decibel over airplay using the mac's built in airplay, it crashed. I have used the Airfoil trial, so I know that it can work, but it is not currently working with mountain lion for me. Anyone else seen this or is this already a known bug? Thanks.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Mountain Lion Crash Bug

Post by sbooth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Can you describe your setup? Are you using an Apple TV or other device for AirPlay?

FlydPuls

Post by FlydPuls » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:19 pm

2011 iMac, OS 10.8 and outputting to an apple tv through directly connected 2012 airport express. Also tried to send to an airplay receiver, Pioneer through a different router and it also crashed Decibel.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:06 pm

I believe I've fixed this problem. Please download the prerelease version from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21004626/Decibel-1.2.9b.zip and let me know how it works!

FlydPuls

Post by FlydPuls » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Yes, it is working now, awesome!! Thanks! Quick question, any future plans to allow for multiple sources out, i.e. to airplay speaker as well as built-in output; or multiple airplay speakers? iTunes has a setting to select multiple speakers so not sure how complicated it would be to implement. Also, I am sending a 6 channel 24 bit flac and my receiver is seeing the source as a 2 channel signal. Does Decibel send all channels over airplay, suggesting it is the apple tv downgrading the signal? Thanks again, Decibel rocks, spitting out perfect 24 bit 2-channel to my apple tv when my pioneer receiver would skip on 24 bit over DLNA on the same network and distances...

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm glad that the new version is working with your Apple TV! I don't have any plans at the moment to implement multiple output sources. From a technical perspective I don't believe it would be that difficult but I don't know if this would be a generally useful feature. About the second, multichannel, issue- Decibel should send all available channels to the output device. I will have to check using my Apple TV but I don't know if there is multichannel support in the device; Apple's tech specs are unclear.