Problem with WavPack (32/192)

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
brunoyujikc

Problem with WavPack (32/192)

Post by brunoyujikc » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Hello,

I've been having a problem trying to play some files that are encoded as WavPack 32 bit 192 kHz. I can play them normally on Play, but when I try to play them on Decibel, there this loud BRRRR noise for their entire lenght. I can hear the song but the noise just overcomes the songs volume. Does anyone know why do i have this noise?
Also I tried already to convert this format using Max and XLD and they can convert it, but then they sound just like loud static from a radio on Decibel and on Play.
I know 32 bit 192 kHz is a lot, but I can get a downsampled conversion that works in any player, so I'm wondering if there's something I can configure in Decibel to fix it, or do I have to wait for the next update.

In case anyone wants to know the album is Wish You Were Here from Pink Floyd, converted from an East German Pressing of the LP, unfortunately there is no log of the equipment used in the conversion.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Problem with WavPack (32/192)

Post by sbooth » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:54 am

Do you happen to know if these are float or integer files? While researching this issue I found a problem in the way Decibel handles 32-bit integer WavPack files.

brunoyujikc

Re: Problem with WavPack (32/192)

Post by brunoyujikc » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 pm

I'm sorry, I don't know. Is there a way to check?
I'm guessing it's not possible, I'd have to decode it, and I dont think my mac can handle it. Maybe if I had MatLab i could see. Anyway, do you know of any simple way to check?
I heard that integer uses less cpu and provides with better quality, and I have to admit this is one of the best digital songs I've ever heard, I wish I had a better DAC/Amp and better cans.

Anyway thanks for the quick response and I hope I can help you improve you program.