Decibel disappeared, not working

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
sjc

Decibel disappeared, not working

Post by sjc » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Yesterday I noticed that the Decibel icon in my dock (MacMini) has a ? on it and I cannot open the program. Not sure what has happened. I also couldn't find the program in my Applications folder. Is there a way to re-download the software?

Thank you,

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Decibel disappeared, not working

Post by sbooth » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:48 am

If you purchased Decibel through the Mac App Store you can download it again using the Purchases tab. If you purchased it directly from my website you may download it from the home page http://sbooth.org/Decibel/

sjc

Post by sjc » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Thank you, I re-downloaded the program from your web site but the problem seems to still exist. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the download or "install" process. After double-clicking (installing) the Decibel program from the Downloads tab in Safari Decibel is not listed in the Applications or Utilities folder on my Mac Mini. If I clear the Downloads tab in Safari or the Downloads folder in Finder then the Decibel icon in the dock gets the "?" on it again and I cannot open or use the program. Shouldn't Decibel show up in the Applications folder and remain there after install? It seems that I keep deleting (uninstalling) the program when I clear out the downloads folder.

Also, I need to re-download the program again and would like to do it from the App Store if possible. Is there a way for me to do that without being charged again or since I originally bought it from your site do I need to download from there again?

I'm running OS X Mountain Lion on my 2011 Mac Mini.

Thank you for your assistance.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:05 am

Double-clicking Decibel from Finder will launch it, but the app will remain in the same folder unless you physically drag it somewhere else. In order to install it, you'll have to drag it to your Applications folder manually.

There are provisions for the direct-download version to recognize a license from the Mac App Store, but the functionality doesn't work the other way around. So if you've originally purchased from my site you'll need to download it from there.

sjc

Post by sjc » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks, dragging to Applications did the trick. I'm still getting used to the Mac OS way of doing things!

wiger123

Post by wiger123 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:17 am

Yesterday I noticed that the Decibel icon in my dock (MacMini) has a ? on it and I cannot open the program. Not sure what has happened. I also could not find the program in my Applications folder. Is there a way to re-download the program?
wiger

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:25 am

wiger123 wrote:Yesterday I noticed that the Decibel icon in my dock (MacMini) has a ? on it and I cannot open the program. Not sure what has happened. I also could not find the program in my Applications folder. Is there a way to re-download the program?
Did you buy Decibel through the MAS or via direct download? The direct download version is linked to on Decibel's page (http://sbooth.org/Decibel/) and the MAS version can be obtained by going to the Purchases tab of the App Store application.