How does D interface with last.fm?

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
bgrant

How does D interface with last.fm?

Post by bgrant » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:02 am

I realized that I completely misunderstood what D does! Now I see, I think. Next problem: I cannot figure out how D relates to last.fm. I installed the last.fm add-on, which says it "provides last.fm integration with D+ and installed the last.fm scrobbler. Now what? How do get last to play thru D? I have both open and from the flatness and greyness of the last.fm sound, I don't think the signal is running thru D. The last button on D jus let me love, unlove etc. I dont see what this applies to.
Thanks for any help! I am sure I am again missing something obvious!

Barry

RonaldPR

Re: How does D interface with last.fm?

Post by RonaldPR » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 am

Not sure what you are trying to do. Decibel is a music player, it plays music files that you have on your computer or on a connected disk and that you have added to the playlist in Decibel.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:04 pm

The Last.fm plugin for Decibel will scrobble songs you've played, update your now playing track on last.fm, and allow you love and unlove tracks. To get this functionality you need to enable the last.fm plugin in the Plug-Ins preference pane.

bgrant

Post by bgrant » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:38 am

I did install the las plugin. It puts a button on D that lets me love, unlove, ban. unban, but I have no idea how to use them! I have a last profile with a bunch of songs on it. Last says, "to start scrobbling listen with itunes." I did that, even though itunes is loaded with my 8 yr old's music. Still couldn't see how D fits in. Unlove/ love. . . were active and could click them, but they didn't seem to do anything.

Please help!

Barry

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:27 am

Did you play any songs with Decibel?

bgrant

Post by bgrant » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:54 am

only songs I had in D; none from last'fm

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

If the Last.fm plugin is setup correctly, playing a track in Decibel will automatically update your Last.fm now playing and scrobble the track when it is finished. You should see status updates at the bottom of Decibel's window when these events take place.

bgrant

Post by bgrant » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:49 am

Oh. So I can add a track on D to my last lists? I was trying to do thing the other way 'round--play stuff on last thru D!

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Basically, if the last.fm plugin is setup correctly, when you play a track in Decibel it will be scrobbled to last.fm. Also, while a track is playing you can use the last.fm buttons to love/unlove/ban/unban the track.