Decible not seeing track info from Max ripped CD

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
dennismoreau

Decible not seeing track info from Max ripped CD

Post by dennismoreau » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:47 am

I have ripped a CD using Max to FLAC with "Generate a cue sheet" and "Rip to a single file". The resulting .flac file show all track metadata when subsequently loaded into Max. As expected, one file is generated with embedded cue sheet info.

But when I open the same file in Decibel, I only see "Multiple Tracks" as a track label for the entire album.

Question: Should Decibel be able to read and interpret "any" single file multi-track rip, done by Max? Or, is there a sweat spot of setting that are generally Decibel friendly that I should be using?

My interest is in generating and listening to lossless audio single file (per album) music with embedded metadata and artwork on my MacBook. I am moving from FooBar and EAC on Windows (those flac files with embedded cue sheets and artwork have generally not exhibited track infer in Decibel either, however I can re-rip).

Just looking to understand what works well in your experience.

Thanks.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Decible not seeing track info from Max ripped CD

Post by sbooth » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Right now Decibel doesn't handle cue sheets embedded in FLAC files. This is on my todo list for the next major version.

mattn

Re: Decible not seeing track info from Max ripped CD

Post by mattn » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:08 am

The metaflac command-line tool will allow you to extract the internal cue sheet to an external file. You might have to munge the resulting file a little bit, but you should be able to get Decibel to work with it.