Decibel now playing info and artwork with Geektool

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
maka1986

Decibel now playing info and artwork with Geektool

Post by maka1986 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Hey there.
I was wondering if there was a mac script that I can use to display the track name and artist of the currently played track in decibel with the help of Geektool?
Something like:

osascript -e ‘tell application “Decibel” to if playerstate is playing then get artist of current track’
Tried something like it but it was a no go (it was meant for iTunes orginaly)
Also the lack of Coversutra or Bowtie support is bad for me. I'm a old windows user and have a big (2Tb) library of flac files all with "folder.jpg" images in folders(I hate imbedding artwork into files). So if there is a script that can take the picture from the currently playing files folder that would be a lifesaver.
Alternatively I can dabble with a mac script but to start I would need a way to get the path of the currently playing file from Decibel.
Is there a way to get those out of Decibel?

Apart from that I would like to thank the creator of this app as it grants almost all what I would like to expect from a music player ,above all cue support and ape and flac file support.
Lastly a question.Does the art for the album come froma cover.jpg and if so can we get a way to change it to a folder.jpg in preferences in a future release?
Thanks for all your hard work.
Cheers!
Mike

maka1986

Re: Decibel now playing info and artwork with Geektool

Post by maka1986 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Nevermind made the script myself.