Playing iTunes from a Share Library

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
gabrielviya

Playing iTunes from a Share Library

Post by gabrielviya » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Hello,
All of my music resides on my main tower Mac Desktop, however I can play any song from anywhere in my house by using the "Share Library" option, With Decibel It seems I can not do it, I don't see my music library available.
Is there anyway to achieve this?
I'd like to connect my laptop to my Stereo System in another room and use Decibel to really capture the rich sound decibel provides, but I don't see all of my music from my main system.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

-Gabriel

eddiemouse

Re: Playing iTunes from a Share Library

Post by eddiemouse » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm

I too come here to ask the same or similar question. All my music is on an HD connected to a Mac Pro in another room. AirPlay or even Airfoil has always taken care of my network sound needs and get the sound into my living room.

I can share that screen on a laptop in my living room, or choose songs - just as the poster above - from that library as Home Sharing. I can mount that music HD on the living room laptop. But what I can't do is what the poster above would like also... to be able to choose music from another room.

Any chance for updates that might allow this? I'll post separately about getting sound from the main iTunes computer, through Decibel, on to other devices through Airfoil, AirPlay or.. ?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Support for AirPlay is something I intend to add, however I'm not sure for which version.

eddiemouse

Post by eddiemouse » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Airfoil does work! I'm so happy. AND I found my external HD iTunes Library through the plug-in dialogue. I'm *really* happy.

Wouldn't want you to stop trying to plan for AirPlay though :)

This is amazing. Thank you.