Question: Exclusive Access and Output

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
mattberther

Question: Exclusive Access and Output

Post by mattberther » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:25 am

Hello,

When I have "Enable exclusive access" ticked and I play a 2 ch, 16bit FLAC through Decibel, the Audio Device in Audio Midi Setup always resets to 1ch-8bit. This seems to be regardless of whether "Adjust sample rate for best quality" is checked.

Is this expected behavior?

Watson

Re: Question: Exclusive Access and Output

Post by Watson » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:06 am

I have a possibly similar problem. Decibel selects the appropriate sample rate for my audio device (M-Audio Sonica), but not the appropriate bit depth.

For instance, my audio device is set to 24/44.1 normally in Audio MIDI setup. When I play a 24/48 track, Decibel switches to 48 kHz/16 bit (at least this is what Audio MIDI setup shows). This does not seem right.

Also, when playing MP3 files, Decibel sets my audio device to 16/44.1 kHz. This is ok, but wouldn't it make sense to set my audio device to 24/44.1 kHz to reduce the audibility of requantization effects?

For what it's worth, Audirvana (another OS X audio player) handles both these cases properly with my audio device and as expected, so the issue may be with Decibel and not a driver issue.

luxbingen

Post by luxbingen » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Using with 'Icon HDP(Nuforce)'.
When I turned on 'Exclusive Access', it heared digital pop noize at regular intervals.
why ?

Radiotron

Post by Radiotron » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:56 pm

luxbingen wrote:Using with 'Icon HDP(Nuforce)'.
When I turned on 'Exclusive Access', it heared digital pop noize at regular intervals.
why ?
I have an HRT Streamer II and I also get digital noise and automatic switching from 24/44.1 to 16/44.1 and from 24/96 to 16/96 whenever I select EXCLUSIVE ACCESS. Thanks for investigating.