b10 & Accurate Rip

Discuss Rip, an open source accurate CD audio extractor.
Fuga

b10 & Accurate Rip

Post by Fuga » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:23 pm

In your comments you say "Vastly improved Accurate Rip support." Could you expand on that please?

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: b10 & Accurate Rip

Post by sbooth » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Accurate Rip support is improved in two major ways:

The first is that I now use a mathematical method for calculating the Accurate Rip checksums for alternate disc pressings, instead of brute-force calculation. This allows me to calculate thousands of checksums very quickly. So for all tracks, Accurate Rip checksums are calculated for all possible offsets from -1,764 to + 1,764. This means that if your drive offset is configured incorrectly or if your disc exists in Accurate Rip as a different pressing, it will still be verified.

The second is that the same alternate pressing checksums are now calculated for rips that are assembled over time, for example those with C2 errors requiring multiple passes to complete. In previous versions only the "primary" Accurate Rip checksum was calculated and checked for these.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Thank you, Stephen.

disneymike

Post by disneymike » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Stephen, I want to thank you again for your work. This version seems to be working faster and better than ever. I really do appreciate you and Rip! :)