Audio Files Not Saved

Discuss Rip, an open source accurate CD audio extractor.
disneymike

Audio Files Not Saved

Post by disneymike » Wed May 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Last night, I was ripping .38 Special Anthology Disc 1 using version 1.0b8. The metadata loaded fine using iTunes and the ripping process appeared to go as usual, but after receiving the message saying the disc was successfully ripped, the audio files were nowhere to be found on my hard drive. I used a custom folder for saving the audio output. I tried another disc and it saved to my hard disc correctly. This is the first time I've encountered this using Rip.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Audio Files Not Saved

Post by sbooth » Wed May 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Can you post the custom folder name that you used and the relevant disc metadata that would be used for that disc? I have a hunch that the folder is there, but it starts with "." so it is not visible in Finder.

disneymike

Post by disneymike » Wed May 27, 2009 4:44 pm

sbooth wrote:Can you post the custom folder name that you used and the relevant disc metadata that would be used for that disc? I have a hunch that the folder is there, but it starts with "." so it is not visible in Finder.
The custom folder is named "Rip". I can post the associated disc metadata this evening. I failed to mention I tried ripping the same disc using Max and the same metadata imported from iTunes via your script and that was successful.

disneymike

Post by disneymike » Thu May 28, 2009 5:11 am

You were right. The files were in a folder named ".38 Special". Since the folder's name starts with a period, it is invisible in Mac OS X. I viewed and renamed the folder using Panic's FTP program, Transmit.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Thu May 28, 2009 10:59 pm

I will add code so that these types of file or folder names won't be generated.

disneymike

Post by disneymike » Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 am

sbooth wrote:I will add code so that these types of file or folder names won't be generated.
That sounds good. It appears you've already done that with Max. ;)