Cue Sheet support

Discuss Rip, an open source accurate CD audio extractor.
paco

Cue Sheet support

Post by paco » Thu May 07, 2009 5:58 am

Rip already outputs a useful ripping log, are you planning to support cue sheet generation in the near future ? This would allow us to keep track of the exact track positions when ripping to files. Just like the log generation, I would make this a default behavior in order to keep UI clutter to a minimum.

Thanks,

__.
paco

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Cue Sheet support

Post by sbooth » Fri May 08, 2009 3:33 pm

You can save a cue sheet from any CD by hitting command-S (save). This will also likely be the default behavior when ripping in a future version.

paco

Post by paco » Sat May 09, 2009 12:37 am

Do you plan to support cue sheets for separated track files in the future ?

Thanks,

__.
paco

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat May 09, 2009 1:43 am

I may add this at some point. It isn't in there now because I'm not sure whether a cue sheet should be generated when not all tracks are ripped. For example, if someone extracts tracks 1 through 3, what would the cue sheet look like? It would be an incomplete representation of the disc so it seems inappropriate to have a cue sheet with file names. A generic cue sheet can always be saved at any time.

paco

Post by paco » Thu May 14, 2009 1:52 am

Yes, that is the logic I would apply to "separate tracks cue sheets". If only a few tracks have been ripped, do not generate a cue sheet. If the entire album gets digitized to separate tracks, generate "separate tracks cue sheets" automatically.

I had a ripped a lot of my albums to FLAC files using Max, but I feel I am missing some information by not having the cue sheet if I ever want to burn the album back to CD. I think it is an important feature for those of us who choose to digitize our album collections to separate files.

Thanks!

__.
paco

paco

Post by paco » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:24 pm

Since cue sheets are not generated after a rip has been completed, I just want to point out that they currently do not include the "FILE" tag containing the path to the actual file name. One could manually edit the cue sheet after each rip but it could get tedious over time.

I feel I am lacking information about the rip if I ever want to burn the album back to disc. Let's hope you have a beautiful summer and you get the time to work on the cue sheet functions! :)

__.
paco

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:07 am

paco

Post by paco » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:25 am

Good stuff!

__.
paco

paco

Post by paco » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:52 am

I have just noticed Cue Sheets now include individual track file information, thanks! :)

__.
paco

tommy

Post by tommy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:31 am

It's great that the file name is included in cue sheets that are generated for separate tracks, but the time that gets added is incorrect.

If the tracks are individual, then INDEX 01 should be 00:00:00 for each individual file instead of the same timestamp that a single file cue sheet would report for each track.

Does that make sense?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:23 am

That makes perfect sense- would you mind filing a bug so I can keep track of this?

paco

Post by paco » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Could you elaborate on the matter ? I'm affraid I now have 200 erroneous cue sheets ... and I don't want to re-rip everything once again :(

Thanks,

__.
paco

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:02 am

If you've extracted all the tracks, then your cue sheets are correct. The problem is only if the cue sheet contains a subset of the tracks. If this is the case, the time indices are incorrect.

paco

Post by paco » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:33 am

Thank you for clarifying, I couldn't see anything wrong with my cue sheets :)

__.
paco

santino

Post by santino » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Rip is not generating correct cue files for ripping to multiple FLAC files. It is generating a cue sheet used for single file or image FLAC rips.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php ... mpliant.29

Also, the cue sheet and the CD ToC do not match. I think the 2 second PREGAP on track 1 is throwing things off. The ToC starts at 00:02:00, but also at sector 0, and the start times of the remaining tracks are shifted 2 seconds when compared to the INDEX values in the cue sheet. Is that 2 second PREGAP really there or added for Red Book compliance? When extracting with EAC or XLD, the 2 second PREGAP is not there.