mp3 -> wav (16000Hz 4Bit)

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
adandl

mp3 -> wav (16000Hz 4Bit)

Post by adandl » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:07 am

Hi all,

I want to convert MP3 to the following WAV format since this seems to be the only one which is supported by my son's Siemens cell phone:

1 Channel
Sample Rate 16000 Hz
4 Bits per sample
64Kbit/s bitrate

I posted also a copy of Siemens start audio file (which obviously is ok on the phone) see here:
http://www.dandl.at/Siemens%20on.wav

Sorry for the dual post, but I figured maybe this is the right place to post this question.

maxlover

Post by maxlover » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:13 pm

I want to convert MP3 to the following WAV format since this seems to be the only one which is supported by my son's Siemens cell phone:

1 Channel
Sample Rate 16000 Hz
4 Bits per sample
64Kbit/s bitrate
You could have a look at Amadeus II or Pro, from http://www.hairersoft.com/Welcome.html. This wonderful shareware may be used free for 30 days to be sure it does what you need.

Best regards.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:55 pm

BTW, the sample file you posted is actually a WAV in DVI ADPCM format.

maxlover

Post by maxlover » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:49 pm

sbooth wrote:BTW, the sample file you posted is actually a WAV in DVI ADPCM format.
The DVI ADPCM codec is included in coreaudio, and is said by Apple to be able to operate in both directions. Quicktime Player is able to open a wav file containing sound encoded with this codec, but it (the pro version) does not seem to offer to write a wav file using this codec. The shareware application Amadeus will happily convert stereo to mono and resample at 16 kHz, but will not offer an option to encode in DVI ADCPM when writing to a wav file either. This does not make your problem progress towards it's solution, unfortunately.