.cue flac -> CD?

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
aka

.cue flac -> CD?

Post by aka » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:15 pm

OK, I have one big FLAC file (instead of individual
tracks) and the .cue file. What is the easiest route
to use the .cue to separate the tracks and burn the CD.

Have Max, Toast 702 and xAct at my disposal. I recall doing
this once a while back (with a big .ape) - had to trim
the first few lines of the cue IIRC - but will be
darned if I can remember the steps. If someone would
kindly supply the 'cookbook', I'd be most thankful...

And Big thanks to Stephen for your continued work on this excellent, essential app!

aka_

chronic

Post by chronic » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:16 am

Been a while since I've done this but, if memory serves, open the cue file in a text editor and delete anything before the word "FILE" -> save and close -> open XaCT -> select shntool -> select split -> drop the flac file into the window -> Call shntool -> at this point it will ask you for the cue -> navigate to it -> save. I think that's all there is to it. The only other thing is that if you're splitting an ape or flac file you have to save the parts as either aiff or wav. Anything else will return an error.

aka

Post by aka » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:56 pm

thanks, chronic - I did manage to muddle through - the steps are just as you recall.
fwiw, I was able to split the single flac into individual flac files with no problem (xAct 1.56) by simply selecting FLAC as the 'output format' in the shntool window.
Thanks for chiming in! :P

macoloco

Post by macoloco » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:21 am

You can also convert the flac to wav and then change the WAVE to BIN in the cue file. Then stick 'em into toast and voila!

aka

Post by aka » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:39 pm

now, that is slick, macoloco - Tip Of The Day! :D

floatinglist

Post by floatinglist » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:08 am

You don't have to delete anything in the CUE files. You simply have to make sure the FILE line is the first line of text. (You may begin the file with spaces, or breaks, but the FILE line has to be the first content.)

I've gotten used to dragging the CUE files into gVIM, pressing:
i
RETURN
ESC
j
j
dd
k
k
p
:w

Then, it's ready for xACT. (I got used to this when using cdrdoa--which used the same borked CUE format--and shnsplit in Linux. I'd make a back-up of my collection--rip to single w/cue, burn cd, then split & encode.)

borndevil

Post by borndevil » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:18 am

macoloco wrote:You can also convert the flac to wav and then change the WAVE to BIN in the cue file. Then stick 'em into toast and voila!
mmm... :?
let's say we've a big .wav track and a .cue file.
what do I need to change in cuesheet?

macoloco

Post by macoloco » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:49 pm

If you have toast 6 or 7 you can use either one to burn the wav file using the cue sheet. Open the .cue file with a text editor, and look for "WAVE" in the first few lines. Replace "WAVE" with "BIN". Now you can drag the .cue file onto toast and it should recognize it. Alternatively, open toast and click on the Copy? tab, select the "bin cue file" button on the left, and point to the .cue file.