Album Cover Art

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
Sithgunner

Post by Sithgunner » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:52 am

Ah, thank you. Didn't figure the part I had to manually click on 'Download Album Art'.

Will Max be able to download the biggest image available from the search result automatically in the future? Or is it not like so from false posivites?

Except for the few discs that couldn't find the image, the rest of the few CD I tried seemed to have spot the cover art just fine.

Sithgunner

Post by Sithgunner » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:43 am

Also right now, it seems that even if I chose 'JPG' as cover art file type, it still seems to save it as a TIFF file.

And I have a question on how to get the cover art saved in the ripped folder. Do I just press 'Save' on the CD window after I download the cover art? I did that for some CD and in the end I only had 1 'cover.tiff' left in one of the ripped directory.

topcat

Post by topcat » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:09 pm

any chance of adding the option to have a "download album art" on teh toolbar. Also it would be nice to have an option so that when I click "download album art" it auto downloads the largest square image from the default amazon store. That way we have tthe option to go though and select the art for each album, or just let it get what it thinks is best and fix the odd wrong one later.

imam299

FLAC and album art

Post by imam299 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:58 am

This is my first post but a cursory search didn't provide a clear answer. Does the latest version of Max provide for album art retrieval for FLAC rips? I'm simply looking for a simple (one step process) for grabbing a folder.jpg in the ripped output folder for the album. Any assistance would be appreciated.

davebarnes

Post by davebarnes » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:32 am

Imam299,

Yes.

If the album cover art exists at Amazon.com

If the art at Amazon is the quality that you desire.

,dave
Dave Barnes
+1.303.744.9024
http://www.marketingtactics.com

imam299

Album Art

Post by imam299 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:59 pm

Thanks for the info.

David

imam299

FLAC & Album Art

Post by imam299 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:50 pm

Dave - as I mentioned thanks for the previous response. I loaded the software on my client's mac and it worked almost perfectly. I can't seem to get the album art to save as folder.jpeg. Is there any way to control the naming convention of the .jpeg file? Thanks again for your help.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: FLAC & Album Art

Post by sbooth » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:09 pm

imam299 wrote:Dave - as I mentioned thanks for the previous response. I loaded the software on my client's mac and it worked almost perfectly. I can't seem to get the album art to save as folder.jpeg. Is there any way to control the naming convention of the .jpeg file? Thanks again for your help.
(Obviously you've done some of this, since you've saved the artwork already, but for completeness' sake, here is my $.02)

To save as a .jpeg file you need to select Preferences -> Album Art, then check the "Save a copy of the album art with the encoded files", select JPEG from the popup button, and then fill in the desired file naming format in the File Naming Format box. This box works almost identically to the Custom File naming string, where placeholders will be replaced with metadata. The supported placeholders are:

{discNumber}, {discTotal}, {discArtist}, {discTitle}, {discGenre}, {discYear}, {discComposer}, {discComment}, {trackNumber}, {trackArtist}, {trackTitle}, {trackGenre}, {trackYear}, {trackComposer}, {trackComment}

Since in your case you want the file to be named "folder.jpeg", just type "folder" into the File Naming Format text box.

Hope this helps!

jephdood

Re: Album Cover Art

Post by jephdood » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:24 am

Sorry to resurrect a rather old thread..

Can one set the default album art format/file name to "x.jpg" rather than "x.jpeg"? I know I can always rename the extension myself, but it would be nice to have the program do that for me. If this can be done, it would be great to find out how.

Thanks..

cenk

Post by cenk » Mon May 18, 2009 7:30 pm

I was checking and seen no replies since November '08 on how to same the coverart files as .jpg (rather than ,jpeg), using Max... Does anyone have an idea? I really helps as ReadyNAS and many other DLNA's do not recognize .jpeg. Many thanks in advance if anyone has an answer?

dcefrance

Post by dcefrance » Sat May 14, 2011 1:29 pm

This question was asked again in 2009 and I have not seen a reply yet. I searched throughout the forums.

How to set album art to be saved as folder.jpg instead of folder.jpeg is an important question. Is there no way of setting Max preferences to either use the .jpg instead of the .jpeg extension or to not add an extension at all so we can provide it in the preferred file name???

Tribu

Post by Tribu » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Hello

I have the same issue.
.jpg instead of .jpeg would be great!