Error message: 'No output formats selected'

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
mugczar

Error message: 'No output formats selected'

Post by mugczar » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:47 pm

'Please select one or more output formats'

In Preferences/Formats/Built-in I have selected the LAME MP3 option and have configured the MP3 output in the MP3 section.

If I select all of the output formats (FLAC, Ogg FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, Speex) Max encodes the four of them just fine, but ignores the MP3 selection.

I've managed to get output with just MP3 selected by adding MPEG4 Audio/ACC in the Core Audio tab, but I would rather have an MP3 file over an MP4 file.

I've read through Max help as well as the message boards here and see no one else with my problem.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
bryan

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:43 pm

This is a strange problem- I am not able to duplicate this behavior. The only thing I can think of to try is to delete Max's preferences (in ~/Library/Preferences/Max.plist) and if that doesn't work, re-install Max.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Duen

Max .mp3 Conversion

Post by Duen » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:43 am

I get the same error message when I drag an .aiff file onto the converter window. I am using the new MacMini 1.66. Let me know if anyone figures this one out.

drmore2u

Post by drmore2u » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:09 pm

I had the same problem while converting an aiff file. I always got two files since I had to specify one output format also in the Format preference, but I only wanted an mp3.
But - I made a repair permissions with DiskUtility AND used Onyx to deep optimize system - and the problem was solved - I got just one mp3 file. Nice!

Duen

Post by Duen » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:54 am

Works!

Thanks!

Aloha!

Duen

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:18 am

This is indeed a bug- it only occurs when the "MP3" checkbox has never been selected/deselected. The MP3 option was registered as a default only when the Preferences window was opened, not when the application was started, hence the misbehavior when trying to rip/encode a file.

A workaround should be to deselect, then reselect the MP3 checkbox in the Formats preferences.