None of the Core Audio Encoders Work Correctly

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
marc_dc

None of the Core Audio Encoders Work Correctly

Post by marc_dc » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:49 am

I am having problems encoding music with this program. All I get is white noise. I am using an Intel Mac Mini to encode music. I have tried Apple Lossless, Apple Core Audio, and AIFF formats under the Core Audio encoding option. All of these only generate white noise. I have tried the minimum and maximum quality settings -- no difference.

If I use the built-in encoders (LAME MP3, FLAC), the program works fine.

Is there some type of problem with the program interacting with Core Audio?

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: None of the Core Audio Encoders Work Correctly

Post by sbooth » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:13 am

marc_dc wrote:I am having problems encoding music with this program. All I get is white noise. I am using an Intel Mac Mini to encode music. I have tried Apple Lossless, Apple Core Audio, and AIFF formats under the Core Audio encoding option. All of these only generate white noise. I have tried the minimum and maximum quality settings -- no difference.

This is something that I have fixed in the source code, but I have not yet released a new version with the changes (I haven't been around for the past few weeks).

If you are so inclined, you can download the nightly snapshot and attempt to build Max yourself. Alternatively, I can send you a beta if you want something that works now- just e-mail me.

Justus

Post by Justus » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:22 pm

sbooth wrote:
marc_dc wrote:I am having problems encoding music with this program. All I get is white noise. I am using an Intel Mac Mini to encode music. I have tried Apple Lossless, Apple Core Audio, and AIFF formats under the Core Audio encoding option. All of these only generate white noise. I have tried the minimum and maximum quality settings -- no difference.

This is something that I have fixed in the source code, but I have not yet released a new version with the changes (I haven't been around for the past few weeks).

If you are so inclined, you can download the nightly snapshot and attempt to build Max yourself. Alternatively, I can send you a beta if you
want something that works now- just e-mail me.
So the nightly snapshot download is for building Max on your own? I was wondering what that was for.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:03 pm

Justus wrote:So the nightly snapshot download is for building Max on your own? I was wondering what that was for.
Yes, it contains the up-to-the minute source code for people who want to roll their own non-release version of Max.

marc_dc

Post by marc_dc » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Yay! Beta version 0.5.6 works without a hitch on my Intel Mac. Thanks, Stephen! :D