Genre & Slimserver

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
tarhoy

Genre & Slimserver

Post by tarhoy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:13 pm

Since updating to Max 0.7 & Max 0.7.1, Slimserver (6.5.0 & 6.5.1) has been unable to place albums into the Genre which I have entered into Max. They have been placed in "No Genre". Slimserver previously placed all albums encoded with Max 0.6.1 into the correct Genres.

I have checked the Genres I have entered in both Tag and Cog, and they are fine. I should perhaps mention here that I use my own Genres and many do not correspond to the pick list.

I cannot find any 2007 postings on the Slimserver forums regarding this problem, so I am hoping for a solution on the Max forum. Hope someone can help!

(Intel iMac OS 10.4.8)

P.S. I have just reverted back to Max 0.6.1, and together with Slimserver 6.5.1, everything is working as it should be. However, I would like to use the latest version of Max, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:12 pm

What kind of files are these- FLAC, Ogg (Vorbis), MP3, or something else?

tarhoy

Post by tarhoy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:51 pm

Ooops! Sorry. They are all FLAC files.

tarhoy

Post by tarhoy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:20 pm

OK, I think have sorted out my problem. If "Generate a cue sheet" is checked in (Max 0.7.1) Ripper preferences (with cd paranoia), then the resulting FLAC rips are treated as "No Genre" by Slimserver. By un-checking "Generate a cue sheet", normal behaviour returns in relation to Slimserver.

Just checked on the Slimserver forums and keeping .cue files away from Slimserver seems to be a good idea. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=31902

Hope this helps others.