Eject error persists in .7

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
LagunaSol

Eject error persists in .7

Post by LagunaSol » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:38 am

Bah, in version .7 I'm still having the "An error occurred on device disk3. Unable to eject the disc." problem.

Sithgunner

Post by Sithgunner » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:35 am

'Bah' could turn into a little description how you had the problem.

LagunaSol

Post by LagunaSol » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:44 pm

Sorry, I didn't get into detail as I thought this was a known issue in the past.

Ripping a CD (to Apple Lossless, with preferences set to eject disc when ripping complete. The error message pops up before the last track is encoded. I click OK to clear the error message, then Max proceeds to encode the final track. After it finishes, the eject button in Max does not eject the disc. I have to quit Max before I can eject.

One note: this happened on both discs I ripped last night after downloading Max .7, but it didn't happen on the disc I ripped this morning (after a reboot). I'll have to see if the problem continues with additional discs.

Sithgunner

Post by Sithgunner » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:20 pm

I didn't check if it still happens on 0.7 but when I had it, I cancelled a track off while it's in encoding queue and it never ejected anymore until Max was quit.

So, I was just keeping 'Encode all tracks on insert' option off and chose tracks manually so I won't have to cancel unnecessary tracks later on to break the eject.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:21 pm

Still happens to me, too. I don't use Max to rip (still require EAC) so haven't noticed it. Just tried on 6.2b (can't remember the build#) and was sad to see it continues.

I wonder how others do eject since it's not a common problem apparently. I thought it was a known issue, too. I remember it being disscussed back when.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:29 pm

Believe it or not, I think I found and fixed the issue!

Can you please try with the latest unstable build and let me know of any successes or failures?

johfiner

Post by johfiner » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:34 am

ah! beautiful! i have not tested the new build yet but this was a big issue for me a few months back

i was working at a radio station and i could rip sooo much music with max since it enodes files independently of the ripper. however sometimes (and this was just when ripping to v0 mp3) if i closed the window with the eject button before hitting eject, i wouldn't be able to eject the disk until i quit max. and then if i quit, i would lose all of the music in the encoding queue. and if i didn't quit max, i'd have to wait until the encoder was done, which meant a couple times i had to "borrow" some cds from he station, a big nono.

anyway, glad to see it is fixed!