Log and Cue Files

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
daliscar55

Log and Cue Files

Post by daliscar55 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:08 am

Sorry to in effect double post but im looking for a quick reply to where i can find the log and cue detaisl when ripping with max......... ive come over from Xact, and love max but am confused where to find these details where as with Xact it was so easy......... anyone help???

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:42 am

Did you actually try to find the log?
You can view the log in Window menu > Log, or by hitting command-L.
There will be no log file, unless you save the log.
I don't think there is a debug log in released versions, such logs are normally viewable using Console (/Applications/Utilities/Console). If Max would crash, you will find with Console a log in one of the CrashReporter logs.

daliscar55

Post by daliscar55 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:01 pm

yes tried to find, without success hence the post. ill try and find the log when i get home later, can you help with sourcing the cue file? (new to ripping/encoding so not even really sure what the cue file is???)

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:57 pm

daliscar55 wrote:yes tried to find, without success hence the post.
Apparently you did not check the menus in Max.
can you help with sourcing the cue file? (new to ripping/encoding so not even really sure what the cue file is???)
By default, when you rip a CD with Max, you will get a separate file for each track. No need for a cue file there. You can set in preferences, Ripper panel, to rip to one single file and then choose to generate a cue file.

When you look for features in a application, study the menu bar and the preferences.