Extracting Multiple Formats Simultaneously

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
sunfish62

Extracting Multiple Formats Simultaneously

Post by sunfish62 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 am

I am ripping a bunch of my CDs to FLAC (for archival purposes), but also simultaneously to MP3 (for iTunes). Max allows me to extract both formats in one pass (nice!), but I would also like to segregate the two formats into separate folder hierarchies. Max sort of supports this, if I put {fileFormat}/ at the beginning of the file naming preference. The exact File Naming preference setting thus reads: {fileFormat}/{albumArtist}/{albumTitle}/{trackNumber}-{trackTitle}

However, when I extract the files, I end up with the file format combined with the albumArtist into a single folder, e.g. "FLACCapercaillie" and "MP3Capercaillie". I would assume that because I put that slash in between the format and the artist, I would end up with: FLAC /Capercaillie and MP3/Capercaillie, but I don't.

Is this a bug?

TIA,
David

sunfish62

Re: Extracting Multiple Formats Simultaneously

Post by sunfish62 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:41 am

Ah. A little tinkering, and what I found is that: {fileFormat}/{albumArtist}/{albumTitle}/{trackNumber}-{trackTitle}

does not work. However, this: {fileFormat}/ {albumArtist}/{albumTitle}/{trackNumber}-{trackTitle}

DOES. (Note the extra space before the artist name).

David

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Extracting Multiple Formats Simultaneously

Post by sbooth » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Is the album artist for the problematic tracks empty? It's odd that a / (which is the path separator) would be ignored.