Default Location for Input files

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
ukmaxuser

Default Location for Input files

Post by ukmaxuser » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:41 am

Hi,

I've recently started using Max to rip my cds for my mp3 player. After
uploading them to the player, I deleted the mp3 files from my hdd but found that the space wasn't recovered.

The trash is empty, but it appears that there are other files still taking up the space.

I noticed in the preferences that there is a checkbox (which I had unticked) called 'delete input files after conversion'.

Where are the default locations for the input/output files please? I'd like to tidy up before I rip more.

Thanks,
s.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:05 pm

The temporary files that Max uses (for 0.6.1) are stored in /tmp. If they aren't deleted automatically (they should be), you can manually delete them or restart. The /tmp directory is cleaned out on every reboot.

Mike1

Post by Mike1 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:43 am

When I booted up this morning I found a folder called "Recovered Files" in the Trash. This is what OS X does, isn't it?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html ... h2267.html

The files seemed to be music files and had the extension .caf. I guess these would be Max's temporary files. I can't recall if Max had quit unexpectedly last time I used it, so that it hadn't been able to delete them itself.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:46 pm

Mike1 wrote:When I booted up this morning I found a folder called "Recovered Files" in the Trash. This is what OS X does, isn't it?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html ... h2267.html

The files seemed to be music files and had the extension .caf. I guess these would be Max's temporary files. I can't recall if Max had quit unexpectedly last time I used it, so that it hadn't been able to delete them itself.
The svn version of Max uses a slightly different temporary directory by default- I will have to check and see if OS X tries to recover the files. Hopefully it doesn't!

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:28 pm

sbooth wrote:
Mike1 wrote:The svn version of Max uses a slightly different temporary directory by default- I will have to check and see if OS X tries to recover the files. Hopefully it doesn't!
Temporary files that are not removed by the application will always be placed by the OS in a folder "Recovered Files" in Trash at restart/startup.