Resolved:Cue offsets incorrect

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
john_gregg

Resolved:Cue offsets incorrect

Post by john_gregg » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:52 am

Hi all,

I've just started to use Max however the cue offsets are incorrect. For example, on one CD, tracks 1 and 2 are 4:23 and 4:53, respectively, but the cue sheet says track 3 begins at 9:01. Obviously it should begin no earlier than 9:16 (4:23 + 4:53.) This is a problem for both mp3 cue sheets and embedded flac cue sheets. Every rip I've checked has this problem. It affects both rips from CDs with no gaps between the tracks (various Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa) and traditional 2 second gaps (U2's Joshua Tree.) Is this a genuine bug or should I be doing something different? I'm using 0.6.1 on 10.4.

thanks

john

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:01 am

John,

I will look into this as soon as I can. I am right in the middle of a major rewrite of many of the internals of Max, so it might be a week or two before I get a chance.

borndevil

Post by borndevil » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:37 pm

Is this still an issue?
I tried to burn cue/wav and I have this problem as well

Maybe tracks were ripped with early version of max!

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:20 pm

borndevil wrote:Is this still an issue?
I tried to burn cue/wav and I have this problem as well
This problem is fixed in the latest unstable build available from http://sbooth.org/Max/.

borndevil

Post by borndevil » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:17 am

well done!

please spend a little time to check my iter:
I ripped with paranoia libs in MS PCM 16/44, wrote down cuesheet with one track wav only. Then I changed with text editor the .cue and wrote BIN instead WAVE and burned with toast.

is this bug on ripping, or on generating cuesheet?
If I edit my .cue will Toast burning gaps well?

how can I read gaps or index of CD so I can edit wrong .cue?

and finally what does it mean "unstable" exactly? unstable but still usable? ;-)

I have an hi-end audio system and I could assume that I can, without problems, recognize audio of different copies of CD. I have few reference album ripped with Max 0.6 "paranoia" and Toast 7.

could be interesting make some comparison, I'll be happy to report here the "sound" aspect of ripping. Thank you for your work, secure ripping with Macs is a great goal even if some can use EAC. "Something" says me that on copy protected CDs Max could make it better.

thank you!

borndevil

Post by borndevil » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:06 pm

maybe I've done it for myself.
and the answer is that only cuesheet is incorrect.

I generated another cuesheet (re-ripping original CD, as mounting doesn't work - why?) and used first .wav. everything goes ok with unstable version.

I'm just at the start of my testing, very interesting things are going to happen, I'll open a new topic on Max General for my reports.

john_gregg

Post by john_gregg » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:07 am

Looks like the offsets are correct now, though Cog and your own Tag application don't seem to recognize the embedded FLAC tags. XLD does, but it appears all the track names are "Track n," etc. I'll search the forums and submit a bug if necessary.

thanks