Lame command line arguments

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
mlik

Lame command line arguments

Post by mlik » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Is there any way to pass command line arguments for LAME through Max? I specifically need to use the resample tag to force our MP3s to work with the Macromedia Flash Player. I've used iTunes-Lame to do this in the past, but would rather just work in Max.

Cheers,
Dalton

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:56 pm

Add my vote for entering my own settings.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Lame command line arguments

Post by sbooth » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:28 pm

mlik wrote:Is there any way to pass command line arguments for LAME through Max? I specifically need to use the resample tag to force our MP3s to work with the Macromedia Flash Player. I've used iTunes-Lame to do this in the past, but would rather just work in Max.
There is no way to directly pass command-line arguments; Max uses the LAME library, not the LAME executable, so there is no command-line to speak of. I will look at the LAME source to see what the resample switch does, to try and see if it makes sense to add this functionality to Max.

I take it you want to resample from 44.1 kHz to a lower sample rate?

mlik

Post by mlik » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:10 pm

I take it you want to resample from 44.1 kHz to a lower sample rate?
No, actually I need to resample from 44.1 to 44.1. I know it sounds weird, but every macromedia flash mp3 player has this weird bug which causes mp3s encoded with lame to play back at double speed up unless you use the --resample 44.1 switch in lame. The del.icio.us player, the wimpy player and the 1pixelOut player all do it.