How are .CUE files used?

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
engpjp

How are .CUE files used?

Post by engpjp » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:09 pm

I received a CD as a .WAV and a .CUE file. Max recognizes the .CUE file and opens it and shows the meta-information; however, the program doesn't show any possible actions. So what am I able to do in Max with a .CUE file?

What I was aiming to do was to use the information there to split the full .WAV file up in individual tracks (if possible, with the .CUE data included in in the header of each track). Is it possible?

Digitally,
Peter J. Pedersen

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: How are .CUE files used?

Post by sbooth » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:31 pm

engpjp wrote:I received a CD as a .WAV and a .CUE file. Max recognizes the .CUE file and opens it and shows the meta-information; however, the program doesn't show any possible actions. So what am I able to do in Max with a .CUE file?

What I was aiming to do was to use the information there to split the full .WAV file up in individual tracks (if possible, with the .CUE data included in in the header of each track). Is it possible?
It's funny you opened the CUE with Max- this is a feature that I am in the process of adding but haven't quite figured out the interface, etc. I started some initial development work on it and then got sidetracked. I failed to remove or block the code from the latest release. Currently you can't do anything with the CUE other than look at the limited metadata Max shows. In the future you will be able to do what you describe, however, splitting files and such.

engpjp

Thx for the answer

Post by engpjp » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:42 pm

I was confused about why I could open the .CUE file with Max but not DO anything with it... now I know. Thanks.

I look forward to being able to use the new functionalities.

Kind regards,
Peter J. Pedersen

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:02 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by
if possible, with the .CUE data included in in the header of each track
It *is* possible to split the large file. See the third section/paragraph on the following page (thanks to ffookus!).

<http://www.freewebtown.com/mac_lossless ... llany.html>