Creating and converting multiple CUE sheets

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
leila1979

Creating and converting multiple CUE sheets

Post by leila1979 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Hello,
I am trying to use MAX as a replacement for EAC and foobar2000. I am having problems doing the things I used to be able to do:
I would rip cds using EAC as cuesheets. The later on I would drag all of my cue sheets (multiple cds) into a foobar2000 playlist and convert them all to mp3, as individual tracks in the correct folders with appropriate tags. (I did this because it allowed me to rip the most number of CDs in the shortest amount of time).

With MAX I can create the wav CUE sheet but when I open that CUE sheet with MAX it loses some of the tag information, such as the year and genre. The artist name, album name and tracks are still tagged correctly. But the year is blank. Am I creating CUE sheet incorrectly? What is the fastest format for ripping with a CUE sheet?

Also, I open the CUE sheet File > Open... and I don't see a way to open multiple CUE sheets at once?

My final issue is that MusicBrainz does nothing when I click it, it doesn't even say "not found." I used the itunes script but is there any other way? Or some way to automate the itunes script? Or a button in Max to run the itunes script?

Thanks!!

leila1979

Re: Creating and converting multiple CUE sheets

Post by leila1979 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi there again,
I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on my questions posted last month. Am I asking a bad question? Please be frank, I would appreciate any help, or alternate methods than the one I am asking about.

Thanks!

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Wed May 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Your question is not bad- for any new ripping I would suggest taking a look at my newest project: Rip. It should be in public beta testing within a week or two.

In the meantime, about your ripping flow: are you using cue sheets with a single disc image, or multiple files? In my experience it seems that there is a lot of track-specific metadata that can be lost when ripping to a single file + cue.

If you want to open multiple .cue files, you should be able to drag them to Max's icon in the dock or Finder. I'll have to take a look at why you can't open them with the open menu.

maxlover

Post by maxlover » Sun May 31, 2009 7:49 am

sbooth wrote: In my experience it seems that there is a lot of track-specific metadata that can be lost when ripping to a single file + cue.
It is true that, if one follows the strict definition of cue sheets, there is no room in there to put some of the metadata. However, there is a unformally agreed-upon usage of the 'REM' tag to add a lot of metadata. Currently, It seems that 'REM GENRE', 'REM DATE', 'REM DISCNUMBER', 'REM TOTALDISCS', 'REM COMPILATION', 'REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN', 'REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK', "REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN' and 'REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK' are understood by many pieces of audio software. It would be nice if Max (and Play) would also understand them.