how to "pre- or post grab"?

Ask questions and get answers on how to make Max behave.
audion

how to "pre- or post grab"?

Post by audion » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:57 pm

on grabbing some tracks that were faded into each other, I found out that the track start markers are sometimes not realy at the start of a tracks.
the same is with the end of some tracks where the next start marker crops the end of the one to be grabbed.

How could I have a work around? I jused to grab audio with toast disk extractor (os 9 only) , which has a graphically waveform display of the raw audio on the cd, and a start marker overlay. Preset is to start grabbing in between the startmarkers, but you can enlarge the grabbed audio portion before a startmaker by mouse selectiong in the waveform.
Same is to the end of a track.
This might be the missing feature for ALL (?) OSX Audio grabbers!!

What do you think.

audion

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: how to "pre- or post grab"?

Post by sbooth » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:55 pm

audion wrote:on grabbing some tracks that were faded into each other, I found out that the track start markers are sometimes not realy at the start of a tracks.
the same is with the end of some tracks where the next start marker crops the end of the one to be grabbed.

How could I have a work around? I jused to grab audio with toast disk extractor (os 9 only) , which has a graphically waveform display of the raw audio on the cd, and a start marker overlay. Preset is to start grabbing in between the startmarkers, but you can enlarge the grabbed audio portion before a startmaker by mouse selectiong in the waveform.
Same is to the end of a track.
This might be the missing feature for ALL (?) OSX Audio grabbers!!
This is a very good idea; the underlying ripping functionality is already there. The difficult portion would actually be the user interface for such a beast.

I will add it to the issue tracker, for addition in some future version (sorry to be so vague).

In the meantime, as a workaround you could encode the entire CD to one file (suboptimal solution, though).